21/09/2011

In the Clown's Clutch

I must apologise in advance for a lack of posting in the next few days, leading on in to next week. Maccys has me in its grasp...9 days, a fair few hours -  means a lot of burgers to make and serve. Although this is not my chosen profession, this giant company has looked after me for a year and a half. It's not the best job in the world, I often get 3 hours in, come back off my break and dread the thought of remaining at work for the next 4/5 hours but to be honest at the end of the day, this job pays my bills. It funds the lifestyle I chose to lead, it allows me the extra cash flow for me to purchase the things I want and I really don't know what I'd do without it.

People think that because you work in food, you're dumb. But I love the looks on people's faces when you know you're right and they say 'err, are you stupid of what?' and I reply, as ever in my professional manner, 'actually, I have both GCSEs and A Levels, I attend the 3rd best university in the UK and am only here to do my job to the best of my ability'. Just because we serve you 'stodge', doesn't mean we're second rate people.

Next time you're in Maccys, spare a thought for us, your crew, who serve and cook for you. I'm not asking for sympathy, no-one sends me to work everyday, I take myself willingly, but just like you, we're going thought hardships too. And for anyone who's unemployed, I always say don't snub the clown. Once you're in, you're in and he'll look after you. And he's always hiring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx