23/12/2013

Festive Home Decor Featuring My New Flat!

Having moved house with only 3 weeks to go until Christmas I think I've done well to have everything out of boxes and put away, and the Christmas decorations up! This is just a quick little post to take you through the decorations that I have at the moment and to give you a sneak peak of the rooms we now have. Having gone from a flat that contained only 3 rooms (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen/lounge/diner) we're revelling in the delight of now having 6 rooms with separate kitchen and lounge areas. This means, of course, that I could get creative with the space and put my little festive knickknacks all over the place. (I'll do a proper flat tour at some point when everything's in place.)

Living Room


The main bulk of my decorations are found in the living room. The tree was an absolute bargain from Tesco (£15 for 6ft!) as were most of the decorations including the silver baubles and the silver and blue baubles. The white glittery snowflakes and silver bead chain were from Asda and the glass heart and metal decorative rope were from The White Company.

I have a fireplace! With a mantle! What luxury! The absolutely adorable felt gingerbread men and women on the wall were from Tesco, as were the little gold Christmas trees sitting either side of baby J. I also put out my Mickey Mouse candy cane stocking from the Disney store, and the little gold metal tree that I found in a cute shop in Exeter. The stained glass tree was made by my Mum and the wooden man holding a rabbit is a decoration that we bought when we lived in Moscow, Russia back in the late 90s. The little people on the right hand side were given to me by J's mum, and a snow globe from the 99p shop holds my childhood stocking on the fireplace. I am also absolutely in love with my little gingerbread house ornament, half price from M&S no less! The final decoration on the mantle is a beautiful little nativity set that I bought in Paperchase.

Hallway

It's been tradition to wrap garish tinsel around the bannister of the stairs in my house for years now (we're really not big tinsel fans at all!) and so I chose a bright and in your face multicoloured piece of tinsel from Paperchase. My Mum usually wraps lights in with hers too but I don't have a plug socket nearby :( This year though I went a bit different in place of lights and wrapped a jingly jangly wooden garland around the bannister full of reindeer, stars and bells. I love it, and another donation from J's mum.

Continuing with the brightly coloured theme I have a 3ft white Christmas tree in the corner of the hallway that has lots of brightly coloured baubles and miscellaneous decorations on, like my gingerbread man and woman from Harrods, a glitter reindeer and some Christmas pudding baubles. I love the look of white trees with bright colours on, they look so fun and add something different to the traditional red and green decor you'd normally find at christmas!

On the wall opposite the stairs I've hung a festive gold star. I really love this and it was only 99p from the 99p shop!

On the wall leading down to the bathroom I've taped up a little wooden and string Christmas tree and star garland that I bought from Marks & Spencer recently. (They have such amazing home decorations, I can't wait for the sales for next year!)

Kitchen
Finally in the kitchen I've placed my a little silver Christmas tree on the windowsill that I bought from the 99p shop. I've been really impressed with their selection of decorations this year, and at such a cheap price you really can't go wrong, can you?

And that's it so far. I didn't plan on going too overboard because we've just moved in (and won't even be at our own home for Christmas) but I can imagine that next year I'll decorate some more!

How have you decorated your home for the festive season? Do you like what I've done?

6 comments:

  1. your flat looks super cute!

    have a wonderful christmas,
    lora xxx
    www.loraloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is so cute. Have a very merry Christmas :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive! Love your decorations x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love your blog!

    Kylie
    http://beautyineffect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO much for the feature!!! I am so thrilled with your home decorations.Thanks again for hosting too. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx